Social Media Monitor
Choose from Reach, Engagement, Quality or Overall to see the health of each country and SBU.
The Reach KPI provides an overall score for how well the channel, country or SBU reaches its audience. This score combines the following metrics:
- Current number of Fans / Followers
- Number of months to reach the Target number of Fans / Followers
- Average number of shares / retweets for each post / tweet
The Engagement KPI provides an overall score for how well the channel, country or SBU engages with its audience. This score combines the following metrics:
- The Klout Score for this channel (Twitter Only).
- The Facebook Engagement score for this channel (Facebook Only).
- The Sina Weibo Engagement score for this channel (Sina Weibo Only).
- The Instagram Engagement score for this channel (Instagram Only).
- The Youtube Engagement score for this channel (Youtube Only).
- The Linkedin Engagement score for this channel (Linkedin Only).
The Quality KPI provides an overall score for the quality of the posts produced by the channel or channels in a Country or SBU. This score combines the following metrics:
- The average number of posts / tweets per day.
- The average number of links per day.
- The average number of likes / retweets per post / tweet / video view.
- The Sign Off status of the channel.
- The Branding status of the channel.
- The number of relevant posts made each day.
- The Average Response Time to comments for this channel.
The overall score KPI provides an overall score for how well a social media channel, country or SBU is doing in the other three KPIs. The score combines the total score of the following three KPIs:
- Reach KPI
- Engagement KPI
- Quality KPI
Showing data for
Move the date slider to view the historic trend of the score for each country and SBU.
Click on the map to select a country and preview the individual social media channels.
Powered by Digital, Partnerships and Innovation
Hello and welcome to the British Council Social Monitor.
A world view
This map gives you an overview of all the countries that the British Council has Social Media channels in.
If you the country is grey, that means the British Council doesn't have any Social Media channels there.
Can't find what you're looking for?
You can search for any country here. Great for those small countries that can be a bit difficult to click on.
Zoom into the past!
You can find out how the Social Media channels have changed over time using this Date Range slider.
How we measure Social Media
We've broken up the scores of each of the Social Media channels into three different KPIs: Reach, Engagement and Quality. You can use the tabs here to see the scores for that individual KPI.
Find out more
To find out more about the different KPIs that we use to measure the Social Media channels, you can download the accompanying PDF here.
Please send us any feedback.